Your function To maintain and improve the production process performance, regarding safety & environment, energy, quality, capacity, cost,... for Kaneka’s production units in Westerlo-Oevel (and Kaneka Modifiers Deutschland-Wesseling).
• Review and optimize the installations to realize safe and stable operation at the lowest cost.
• Active participation in initiatives to increase more efficient utilization of the installations, propose and execute industrial tests to increase production capacity, produce new products or start-up new installations.
• Continuous follow-up and improvement of the end product’s quality in accordance to all product specifications.
• Stimulate and control safe and environment-conscious production and maintenance operations in the modifiers plant, according to the procedures of the valid quality, environment, energy and safety management system (SOP, TP) with the objective to prevent accidents/incidents.
• Initiate, update and work out all Hazop Lopa files of the performance polymers production together with SHEQ and Engineering department.
• Calculate and evaluate the merits of projects to guarantee the profitability of investments. Stay up-to-date with new process technologies to improve the performance of the production installations
• Motivate and train operators and staff members to obtain the best performance in terms of safety, environment, quality, cost efficiency and productivity. Ensure that all employees are informed about their work-related procedures, understand these procedures and effectively execute these procedures.
• Civil Engineer (master) - preferably Chemical degree.
• Preferable 3-7 years professional experience in a (similar) chemical plant environment.
• Profound knowledge of chemical process techniques - management techniques.
• Languages: Dutch and English required, German is an asset.
• (Regular) travel to the German production plant in Wesseling (Köln) may be required.
• Strong analytic - entrepreneurship – responsible – team player – strong SHEQ minded - no 9 to 5 mentality.
What to expect? A varied function in a stable, technology-driven and growing international Japanese company in a traffic-jam-free area. A decent basic remuneration with extensive fringe benefits. An intensive start-up program and regular follow-up trainings to further specialize and to create a professional production environment.
Kaneka Belgium Kaneka Belgium NV is a subsidiary of Kaneka Corporation, a leading technology-driven chemical company, with headquarters in Osaka and Tokyo, Japan. Kaneka offers a wide range of products and has its own worldwide manufacturing and marketing organization. Business activities span a broad spectrum of markets, from chemicals, functional plastics, food products, life science, synthetic fibres to electrical and electronic materials. To expand the team, Kaneka Belgium is looking for a Production Engineer (m/v/x).
Interested in this challenge? Apply online through the link below by filling in the form and adding your CV. For more information, you can contact Georgia Venetakis on 0473/87.94.63. to know more about Kaneka Belgium, go to http://www.kaneka.be.