Monitoring of and contributing to EU policy and legislative developments in the field of digitalisation, maritime security (piracy, cyber, migration), trade policy (sanctions, free trade agreements).
- Monitoring EU policy and contributing to the implementation of ECSA policy priorities.
- Preparation of ECSA position papers and lobby actions.
- Coordination of the relevant technical committees and working groups.
- Interest representation and lobbying towards the EU institutions.
- Experience in a similar position or in the maritime sector.
- Understanding of the functioning of the European institutions and EU policy making.
- Academic degree.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing in English. Being fluent in other EU languages is an advantage.
- Inspirational working environment in a dynamic trade association.
- Challenging position with corresponding responsibilities.
- A competitive salary and a set of additional benefits.
- A full time position.
The European Community Shipowners’ Associations is the umbrella organisation of the national shipowners’ associations of the EU, the UK and Norway. European shipowners control around 40% of the world’s shipping fleet. ECSA’s prime task is to represent the overall interests of the European shipping industry with the institutions of the European Union. The organisation operates from Brussels, where it employs a dedicated team of eleven people.
For a start as soon as possible, we are looking for a
Policy advisor Shipping and Trade Policy
Interested? Send us your full CV, explaining why you may be the man or woman for the job. More information? Call Charlotte Poelvoorde 0479 93 38 35.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.