The Technical Business Development Manager (Virus Filtration) will be in charge of a specific virus removal filters and its related products and services. In this challenging role, you will develop and nurture relationships with customers and potential new customers, promoting our client’s products and services, and ensuring a high-level technical support.
The Technical Business Development Manager (Virus Filtration) will be responsible for customers located in Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Spain and Italy, but customers in other European countries might also be included.
- Promote and ensure the technical support of our client’s products and services, particularly virus filters.
- Regular contact with existing customers via e-mail, phone and face-to-face meetings.
- Visit customers to conduct hands-on demonstrations and to deliver application presentations to current and potential new customers.
- Organize training seminars, both at the customer site and at your own company’s technical centre.
- Motivate customers to start filtration evaluation studies and assist them in their conduction.
- Assist your customers during their virus validation studies.
- Promote customer satisfaction by providing product and application information, answering inquiries, supporting them in technical trouble-shooting, investigating complaints and taking appropriate actions utilizing all available resources.
- Research and identify potential customer opportunities.
- Manage communication with internal stakeholders and regular reporting about all your activities with customers.
- Attend internal sales and technical meetings in Europe or on a global scale.
- Support your company’s presence at exhibitions and conferences.
- You have a Bachelor's degree or Master‘s degree in chemical engineering, biological engineering, chemistry, biology, biochemistry or related field.
- You have 1-3 years’ industry experience in filtration.
- Knowledge in virus filtration and/or downstream bioprocessing techniques are a plus.
- Fluent English, Dutch and/or French, verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of flexibility, motivation and customer focus are requested for this position.
- Ability to identify, establish, and maintain strong relationships with customers or potential customers including operators, scientists and senior management.
- Ability to develop and execute experimental protocols, to organize and perform filtration trials.
- Ability to work in an autonomous way, setting the right priorities for the company’s business and the customers.
- Ability to interact with colleagues and customers from multiple disciplines at all levels.
- Frequent travel, mainly in Europe, totaling approximately 50%.
- Strong identification with our client’s values: Sincerity, Creativity, Challenge.
You will become part of an international and growing team which is successfully expanding in the European and Global markets. Based on this we offer you an exciting job opportunity where you will enjoy working in a friendly and diversified team which is part of a very strong and well-established global enterprise, leader in the field of virus removal filtration for 30 years. In addition to that we obviously do also offer you a competitive and attractive compensation package. You will work from the HQ in Brussels, with possibility to home office.
Our client is a global solution provider to the biologics manufacturing industry. They aim to help biologics manufacturers safely and efficiently produce medicines that patients can trust, by dependably supplying innovative yet exceptionally reliable bioprocess consumables, equipment and scientific support services.
They have established a market leadership in virus filtration, but they aim to be the global leader and experts in contributing to biologics safety and manufacturing efficiency by leveraging their core technology, brand and services in virus removal.
To strengthen the Product Management & Business Development team in Europe, we are looking for a:
Technical Business Development Manager (Virus Filtration)
If so, we are excited to receive your CV (including cover letter and some information about your salary expectations and the earliest starting date). Please send your application to Siebrich De Baets via firstname.lastname@example.org
Happily looking forward to hearing from you.